Sunday, October 16, 2011

Greetings from Kandahar!


Hello Everybody,
Kandahar Air Field is starting to cool down as the rainy season is just around the corner.  I’ve been traveling throughout Southern Afghanistan and that has impeded on my ability to stay in contact as much as I’d like to.
Working with the Seabees is a paradigm shift from last year when I had a rockin’ beard and an SUV.  I’m in uniform again and I’ve got a haircut that would make Chesty Puller shit his pants in approval.  The Seabees think of themselves as the construction arm of the Marine Corps, therefore we are held to the same standards.  KAF is furnished with all of the creature comforts of home.  I’ve got Internet in my room and it’s FAST.  It took me an hour to navigate to the music section of iTunes and another 18 hours to download an album consisting of a total of 5 songs.  Needless to say, I’ve been reading.  I’m last place in Fantasy Football…so I’ve got that going for me. 
Deployment is flying by so far.  I’ve been staying safe and keeping my head down, albeit it’s behind a computer.  I hope you all are doing well and I look forward to seeing you all in March.
Nick

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Nick! Thanks for posting on our blog for everyone to read!
    Love,

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep working hard so those Marines know your good for something other than transportation! Love and hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete